Friday, June 29, 2012

New Book Has Disappearing Ink

Friday, June 29, 2012
After the invention of e-readers and augmented reality, we were starting to think that book technology couldn't get any cooler.

But small Argentinian publisher Eterna Cadencia has proved us wrong by printing an anthology of new writers using disappearing ink.

We love this project because it forces customers to actually read the books they buy, rather than allowing them to collect dust while they opt for Downton Abbey reruns instead. Plus, it proves that physical books aren't just the stodgy forebears to cutting-edge art.

Check out a video of the disappearing book!

Also, If you're a fan of Erin Morgenstern's "The Night Circus," join us at Boston's Brookline Booksmith on July 3rd for an author event like no other. We'll be doing a Q&A with Erin, so send us your questions and we hope to see you there!

-Madeleine Crum, Assistant Books Editor

More on HuffPost Books
Vote For Our Next Book Club Pick
11 Ways To Be An 80s Rock Star
A Video Game About Killing Salman Rushdie
PHOTOS: Awesome Book Genre Signs For Dubai Bookstores
Famed Young Adult Book Heads To Screen
BLOG POSTS
Landon Donovan: The Wild Soccer Bunch
I was five when I played my first soccer game and it changed my life forever. Physical activity was always part of my childhood, as was reading. Fit minds are just as important as fit bodies, which is why I'm endorsing the Wild Soccer Bunch.
Doug Bradley: The Wall Between Us
Stephen H. Warner was killed in an ambush near the Laotian border on February 14, 1971. He didn't have to be there. He wasn't supposed to be killed.
Lois Tarter: Ritualize Your Divorce
During my first year post divorce, I tried to come up with a ritual to cover every painful moment. Time flew by quickly as I did the rituals and, in the end, I had a better understanding of myself.
Brigid Brett: Thanks, Nora
What I really love about her and what I wish I'd thanked her for, is not letting all that cleverness and wit get the better of her. I so wish I'd thanked her for not allowing her hurts and betrayals to make her shriveled and bitter and mean-spirited.
Larry Magid: Hands-On With Google's New Nexus 7 Tablet
Like Amazon and Apple, Google is selling more than hardware -- it's selling content that people buy in its Google Play store including books, music and video.
Advertisement

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...