Friday, June 29, 2012

Serial Killer's Handiwork?.. Canadians Agree On Health Care.. Obamacare Battle

Friday, June 29, 2012
Winnipeg police continue to conduct ground searches in the West End and downtown as part of their investigation into an alleged serial killer in the city.
WAR: OBAMACARE BATTLE LOOMS
Tories' Changes Create 'Class System': Ontario
What Canada Thinks About Privatizing This
Union Bid Shot Down
Calls For UK Banker's Head
BLOG POSTS
David Gratzer: Obamacare Is in Anything But Stable Condition
Canadians have a tendency to look at American health care with a jaundiced eye. We see heavy costs and uneven quality. All this talk of court challenges, mandates, and constitutionality seems a bit exotic. The drama isn't over yet. The implementation of Obamacare seems anything but straight forward. Costs have soared despite the fact that most reforms don't kick in until 2014; several states have effectively rebelled; one basic reform (the long-term care insurance) was already scrapped. The debate over American health care seems no closer to resolution.
Margaret Refell: How Music Helps You Lose Weight
As far as diets go, we've pretty much seen it all. The simple answer is, there is no simple answer. Let's try focusing on maximizing the time that we are exercising, as well as boost our basil (resting) metabolism naturally. One of the little known ways of doing this is through music.
Junaid Jahangir: The Dubious Logic Used By Muslim Homophobics
Conservative Muslims have tradition by their side. They can easily refer to countless manuals of jurisprudence that did not distinguish between consensual and non-consensual homosexual conduct defined specifically as "male anal intercourse." However, it is important to understand the context in which the classical jurists formulated their opinions.
Wendy Litner: My Longest Relationship...Is With My Anti-Depressants
It occurred to me, recently, that I can't remember when I first started anti-depressants. Was I on pills at my Bat-Mitzvah? Did I take one the morning of my Grade 10 biology exam? I don't know. I have been in a relationship with drugs for so long that I can no longer recall our first date. I wonder now if I should be breaking up with my drugs, if they have really been all that good to me.
Peter Worthington: Mulcair and Harper's Quebec Tug-of-War
According to Thomas Mulcair, the recently crowned federal NDP leader, the fact that Prime Minister Stephen Harper would consult former Tory prime minister Brian Mulroney about Quebec, proves how little he understands that province. Really? Or is this Mulcair just shaking in his boots because this is a plot by Harper to regain support in Quebec?

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...