Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Billion Dollars For WHAT?.. Fewer Freebies For Seniors.. Mortgage Rules Tightened

Thursday, June 21, 2012

OTTAWA - Finance Minister Jim Flaherty is changing mortgage rules to make it harder for people with limited means to buy homes or borrow on ones they already have.

Public Sector Sick Days Cost $1 Billion A Year
Dealing With The Dead's Finances
Bank Cuts Free Services For New Seniors
7 Things Microsoft Surface Has That The iPad Doesn't
This Way To Job Cuts
BLOG POSTS
Nancy A. Shenker: Seven Ways for Graduates to Get Off the Couch and Into an Office
Close to two million kids will graduate college in 2012. And millions of high school and college kids are now flooding the summer job market. Have you just graduated? Are you home for the summer? Still unemployed? You're not alone! And here are some sure-fire tips to get you from couch potato to paycheck!
Bill Marriott: What I've Learned From Blogging (At Age 80)
Five years ago, when I started this blog, I wasn't sure what to expect. I love writing and sharing my thoughts with family, friends and talking to associates and customers. So I figured, well I guess so, why not?
Randall Craig: The Social Web is a Golden Cage of Information
Do you actively seek out different opinions than your own, or unwittingly reinforce your personal conventional wisdom by only consuming "agreeable" content? While we may think it is the former, too often we live in a bubble. Here are some reasons why we're not as open-minded or as free as we may think, and how the internet is really preventing us from experiencing new things.
Nataliya Schafer: A Journalism Degree Is Worthless? I Don't Care
I like the fact that my career field is on the worst list. It gives me drive to prove CareerCast.com and the other journalism haters wrong. It motivates me to constantly come up with new ideas, and learn how to be flexible so I can thrive in different work environments that will undergo a lot of changes in the next 50 years.
Daniel Alexandre Portoraro: Did You Really Expect Us Not To Be an Entitled Generation?
David McCullough Jr. recently gave a commencement address, in which he told the students the cold, hard reality that "none of you is special." Who is to blame for this? Maybe those very same parents and teachers who are so quick to accuse us of it. The baby boomers, with the best intentions, have made us into what we are today: a generation of spoiled individuals. Why are they surprised? The baby boomers, with the best intentions, have made us into what we are today: a generation of spoiled individuals. Yes, I said it.

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...